Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Update

Between family and friends visiting and HOT, HUMID weather, I haven't had much time or energy for hand quilting.  I know our hot weather was not as bad as Texas, the Mid-West or elsewhere, but it was hot for us.  I was working in the gardens during the heat at 0900 and was surprised to have sweat drip down my face.  

I walked into the Cave the other day and found Gibbs under Big Red's cover.  (Not to worry.  Since the first time I found him under there, the machine is no longer plugged in unless I am using it.)  I don't know how that is cooler, but he thinks that it is.

We don't have A/C unless we put the unit in the window.  We haven't done that yet.  Thankfully the weather broke the other night.  It was a storm that had the cats hiding under our bed until it was over.


This morning I saw something run by our front windows.  From the side windows I saw that it was three young deer.  They stopped and grazed in our back yard.  They were young enough that they paused to play.

Now, to threads.  I have finally finished the second row on my 3030 quilt.  It took me 22 hours to go side to side.  A Celtic knot is being stitched in the corner squares.  

Diagonal rows where I have the chain blocks.  The rows will continue on to the attached chain block.

All other pieced blocks will have four intertwined hearts.  Don't know if you can see that.  These blocks will also have stitch in the ditch outlining them.

Here is the quilt before rolling it for the second time.  Piano keys will remain on the outside edge.  You can see that I do have some applique blocks.  I am thinking that I will hand quilt around and maybe inside the applique.

The quilt after my second roll.  I can see the edge of the middle block.  I find that exciting.  


May you all stay safe in this summer weather.

 

1 comment: