Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2023

UFO

I have been working on my red and white UFO; Heartfelt Quilt BOW from Sentimental Stitches.  This began on April 18, 2021.  The last block was finished on April 13, 2023.  (Why do I let projects linger? Squirrels?)  

The sashing material that I had picked out in 2021 I no longer like.  (A big reason not to let projects linger.)  It will be used as the backing.

So, a trip was taken to my local quilt shop in Williamstown.  I was thinking of a solid red or a red that reads solid.  Red is a VERY hard color to play well with other reds.  This cream, beige with red material was found.  It does play well with the other materials.  As you can see in the block at the bottom of this picture, it is the cream, beige found in the dark red material.  That dark red will be my outer border for this quilt.  

The sashing should be completed tomorrow and then on to the next border.  That will be half square triangles.  Lots of them. 


I only have one more row to take out on my 1985 quilt.  I know the reason it shrunk so badly.  This experience has opened my mind quilts labels.  More information to come.

My slow stitching: finish a count work piece.  A better start on a new tatting project.  Enjoy your day with threads.

Linking up to Kathy's Quilts: Slow Sunday Stitching





 

5 comments:

  1. I really like the new fabric you chose for the sashing. It will be interesting to hear your findings on 1985 quilt. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely blocks that you are working on. Have a wonderful week working with the HST. Looking forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sampler quilts and this is a beautiful one! Enjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pretty red blocks here. I'm pleased you found the perfect sashing fabric to buy.

    ReplyDelete