Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2023

15 Minutes

Tuesday, we drove up to Maine to see two of our kids.  It is a four-hour drive and I like to work on something while riding in the car.  The second sheep blanket and vertical joining would be a good project to take along.  Fifteen minutes in, I broke the darning needle that I was using and didn't have another.  Best laid plans.......

 
I was able to borrow a darning needle from our youngest.  She is the only one of three girls who likes fibers and threads.  The vertical block joining was completed, and the horizontal row joining begun.  The second blanket is almost done with the joining of blocks.  I will then go back to the rows of the first blanket.  

I do have sad news.  I never finished knitting the border rows.  I only have what I think are the side rows done and still have to knit the top and bottom rows.  When I get the sheep blocks together, I will then reevaluate and see what I have to knit.


When we came back from Maine on Friday, I found that we had 3 inches of rain while we were gone.  It is raining now and to rain all day today.  I will never catch up with my weeds.

May your day with threads be enjoyable.  Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.



 

5 comments:

  1. Love the sheep blocks! Better rain than the 108 degree weather we are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sheep blocks are amazing. I just got back from 3 weeks away and the weeds have taken over everything! Wishing you a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nuisance to break your needle! Good that you managed to make progress anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating to have the project ready and have the time and no needle! It's such a lovely project so I'm glad you found a needle to continue to make progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that sheep blanket. It is a good thing your daughter was able to lend you a needle.

    ReplyDelete