Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2023

List, No List

Sometimes it may be good to procrastinate (not really).  When I knit, I knit in the round.  I don't do seams.  I don't really enjoy seams.  I like to have a knitting project done when I am done.  I usually only have the underarms or toes to seam and the sweater or socks are done.

I needed to go to the video world out there to figure out how to join these blocks.  That lead me to the mattress stitch.  It is done vertical and horizontal.  I have the blocks of one of the blankets together with the vertical mattress stitch.  I will (read should have) take a picture to show you the seam.  I am so pleased.  This took about six hours to stitch, over several evenings.  I will vertical stitch the other blanket and then begin the horizontal stitch.

I was picking up and putting away threads from the sheep bag project.  I said to self, "You CANNOT put this scissor fob and pin cushion on the list.  Make them NOW".  So, I went to make them and found out that I had not made the spring or winter ones.  What a non-finish person I am.


The scissor fobs have been made and attached to scissors.  I do have a stash of little scissors.  The purple ones on the right are the best. Whenever I place an order and need just a little bit more to get free shipping, I will add a pair.  Our youngest daughter also has several pairs as I really don't need them all.  But it helped having so many as they always were where I wasn't.  I am finding the fobs work.  I can find them.

Pincushions will be done this week.


Now, it is very important to read the description of a kit very well.  I had seen these Christmas ornaments in a catalog and thought they were cross stitch.  I make ornaments for the kids each year.  (Kids, our adult kids.)  I thought this would be a nice idea and I could get them done quickly.  Well, as you can see, it is not cross stitch.  It is stitching beads onto the paper.  Kinda like half cross stitch with beads.  Don't know that I would have ever thought to do this.  But here I am.  One done, five to go.


Enjoy your day and threads.  I will start my day weeding.  We have had so much rain that I haven't been able to get out to weed.  They are now taller than me.  Beading and mattress stitch will be this evening.

Linking to Sunday Slow Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.



 

5 comments:

  1. I adore the sheep squares! SO cute! You are totally a finisher - look at the beaded ornament - adorable and so challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black sheep, white sheep, these blankets are so nice! Did you enjoy doing the beaded stocking? I ask as it seems very fiddly to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is easy to do but slow. You pickup a bead before you do a half cross stitch. Make the stitch, pick up another bead and continue.

      Delete
  3. I love those sheep squares, well done. The beaded stocking is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty little beaded ornament and as for all those sheep, they are adorable. Gorgeous knitting!

    ReplyDelete