Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Not much

It has been hot.  I know that we are not as hot as Texas, Florida or other places.  But it has been hot and humid for New England.  Hot (90s), rainy and humid.  Not what we are used to, or our houses made for.  No central air.  I have not been able to touch wool so there has not been any progress on the sheep blankets.  Once the weather breaks, I will get back to them.

I have been doing some sewing with the machine.  Piecing some blocks for our youngest as requested.  Will show you when I get farther along.

The six beaded Christmas ornaments are completed.  The chalet with the thread and needles attached was finished a few minutes ago.  This picture was taken earlier this evening.  I am so glad these are done. Well, almost done.  Cardstock needs to be glued to the back to protect the threads.  Before I do that, I need to figure out how they will hang from the tree.


Now I need to figure out what will be my next slow stitching project.  There are a couple of ideas in the queue.  

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  May you all enjoy your threads and are able to stay cool and hydrated.



 

4 comments:

  1. Your beaded ornaments are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ornaments. We are high 90's, due to get into the 100's later in the week again. But being in CA, we have AC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, six beaded ornaments, that must have kept you quiet and occupied for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did, about 6-8 hours an ornament. Worked during the evenings. Great news. A cold front came through last evening. It is now 50 degrees, and all the windows are wide open. It feels so good. May all the other states get to experience this soon.

    ReplyDelete