Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Something

Mother Nature has been a better gardener this year than I.  I was looking out the kitchen window and saw yellow in a raised bed area that I had given up on.  There is this two-foot sunflower growing.  The birds or squirrels must have planted it.  They are the better gardeners this year for sure.  


I have completed three flimsies this week.  I can only show you Heartfelt at this time.  The Tuna Quilters are meeting tomorrow, and I want them to meet the other two first.  Their pictures will be shown next week.  

I can't believe what a procrastinator I am.  All I had to do was add the final border on this one.  I am so glad that it is a flimsy. Now to decide if it will be hand or machine quilted.  This is the largest quilt I have ever pieced.  It is draped over a queen size bed with lots of hang over.  WOW.  Heartfelt is one of my Dirty Dozen.


Here is a picture of the borders.  


One of the berries has been finished.  The butterfly represents selflessness and the dog is loyalty.  I am trying to decide if I can stitch the other one on the other end of the linen.  The berrry shape will be drawn out and then I think, hard. 
 

Enjoy your threads today.  We are to have more rain, thunderstorms.  I guess I know where I will be.  Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt top is beautiful! Love the dog in your stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonus sunflower, how wonderful. Love the berry. And the quilt top, must feel good to have that done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt top and your stitchery. How nice of Mother Nature to plant the sunflower for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top looks amazing and such a sweet stitch. Have a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartfelt is indeed a gorgeous quilt. I know all about Procrastination, this should be my middle name!

    ReplyDelete