Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2023

August

A week has gone by, and I have been working with threads and material, but it doesn't look like very much.  (I try to keep a written record of what I have been working on, and the hours, to show myself I really haven't been lazy.)  I have spent hours outdoors working on the gardens as we haven't had much rain this week.  Only rained twice and it was in the afternoon.  The gardens are a bit of a loss this year.  They are green, gorgeous weeds, too much rain.

Here is the beginning of a kids quilt.  Dinosaur material and 216 2-inch HST.  I have six of the nine blocks done.  I am needing to piece this in parts, so I really don't mess up.  So far it is working. 


I have joined Jo's Country Junction's stitch along.  It is the Quaker Wisdom Berries by Erica Michaels.


I just set up the frame, made a working copy of the pattern, and divided the threads.  This will be my new slow stitching for a bit.


In the land of the Dirty Dozen found at Country Threads Chicken Scratch by Mary Etherington, the number for August is 10.  In that space on my list only embroidery was there.  The sheep blankets have now been placed there.  The sheep blocks need to continue getting joined together.  Onward.

Have a wonderful day with your threads.  Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  See you next week.





 

4 comments:

  1. The Quaker Wisdom berries look very interesting. I’ve never heard of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The counted cross stitch project looks like fun, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great idea to keep track of the time spent on a project. I should do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those Quaker Wisdom berries. Your quilt blocks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete