Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Dirty Dozen

Mary Etherington at Country Threads Chicken Scratch runs the Dirty Dozen.  It began in July and you either chose to work by number, color, or both.  I joined this year and wrote up my list using the number method.  I have shown it to you before and here it is hanging above my cutting table.  It is to be a constant reminder. 


The first number was 7 and that was my sheep blankets.  They are not finished but are moving along.  Even though you are to pick and work on a new project each month to finish, I will l not stop this project until it is done.  The two centers are now together, and I checked out the borders.  I have four made.  You can see a bit of the lay out.  Only one border fits, the other three I need to shorten, unknit.  Then knit the last four.


But I have to bury the ends and block all the sheep dog parts.  The first one will go under the towels today.  The ends have been buried.

The sheep blankets were number 7 and I added them to last month, number 10.  I didn't have any handwork there.  (I did but more on the framing side.  I'll explain more later.)  

This month is number 4, A Bountiful Life (Civil War Bride).  My mind is so scattered that I didn't remember that I was working on this block when we traveled to Ireland in April.  It was one of two hand projects that I came with me.  I have reevaluated it and am missing four berries.  That I knew, lost them on the plane.  


So today I will make up more berries and get them stitched on and I can begin the table legs and then the table.  I will use my Applipops to make the berries.  They are one of the great inventions of applique.  


I have been invaded by squirrels but cannot show yet.  Thank goodness for the Dirty Dozen list or I would never get anything completed.  Everything would be just parts.  Not that anything is done yet but getting closer.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your threads today.


 

5 comments:

  1. The Dirty Dozen is keeping you on task...sort of. That is what it is for. I love that sheep blanket. I look forward to seeing more of that applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a list to keep one on task is so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dirty Dozen sounds a good way of getting things completed. The sheep blanket is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness so many thread edges to deal with! I love that knitted project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making good progress on the sheep blankets, I'm sure they will look amazing when finished.

    ReplyDelete