Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Autumn, Decisions

I haven't seen a hummer at my feeders for three days now.  They are heading out to where it is warm. The hummer feeders are left up for two weeks after I see the last one, changing the hummer water every two days.  It is there waiting for the late travelers.  Sad to see them go but I look forward to seeing them next spring.


Autumn began yesterday and as they say in Game of Thrones; "Winter is coming."  Winter is my favorite season.  So, winter stitching.

We have three daughters.  The first two are my gift daughters, gifted to me when I married my husband.  The youngest is our daughter.  For her first Christmas I made her this stocking from a kit by Current, Inc. in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  After her first Christmas it became a tree ornament and gets hung every year.


With our first Grandchild arriving in November, another one was made (well two).  We will not know who is arriving until the little one gets here. The request was for one in blue.  Youngest likes blue and wants it different from hers.  That is not a hint, as whomever is there gave wrong information with early ultrasounds.  If it is boy or girl has changed.  But everyone still has to wait to find out who is there.  I like it that way.

I begin my stitching from the center and the bear was dressed in blue.  I couldn't see the stocking blue, so I stitched the outside in the red.  The material will be the lining and the backing.


But, as a mom, I do what is asked.  I made another one in blue.  The red still looks more like Christmas to me.  I showed them to our youngest and she can't decide,


The little one will show up at the end of November so there will be time to finish with name and date.  They have time to make up their mind on which one to finish.

May you enjoy your day today with your threads.  Linking to Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.

3 comments: