Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Finish, Dirty Dozen

Jo at Jo's Country Junction has a stitch-a-long happening.  It is the Quaker Wisdom Berries by Erica Michaels.  My three are stitched and even finished!  These are the first berries that I have made.  A video by Vonna Pheiffer showed me how to finish them.  She is a wonderful finisher.  I see what I could have done better but I am very happy.

You can't see all the animals.  A bee for selflessness; a dog for loyalty; a dove for simplicity and peace; and a lamb for humility.

Mary Etherington at Country Threads Chicken Scratch hosts the Dirty Dozen.  July and August were dedicated to getting the centers of my sheep blankets put together.  It was going to be finished in July but it became too hot to work with wool.  The centers are now put together and I now will evaluate the borders.  I thought I had knit them all, but no.  I need to see what I have and what needs to be done.  This will continue to be worked on to get them finished.

For September the number is 4.  On my list that is the Civil War Bride and finishing an Advent Calendar.  I have the calendar out and now need to look at where I am on the Civil War Bride.  My plan of action will be set soon.     

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  I do have some slow stitching that I am working on.  Hope to show you next week.  Enjoy your threads.    
 

7 comments:

  1. Those berries are darling. I love the tiny animals on them and your wee lamb is so cute. Actually all the sheep on the blankets are just wonderful, too. (I know what you mean about a lap full of wool in the summer - my sweater has been on hold for the last few weeks, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the meaning for each animal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects, I love those sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re making good progress on your finishing. Do the berries have a purpose other than imparting wisdom? I like the symbolism too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are filled with "lizard litter", batting at the top, so they could be used as pincushions. But right now, they are in a basket with other smalls looking pretty. I guess their main purpose was that I enjoyed stitching them. ;)

      Delete
  5. Your berries look great. I really like the sheep blankets. I look forward to seeing how you finish them. Enjoy working on Civil War Bride and the Advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wisdom berries are lovely. And I've always admired the sheep blanket, I seem to remember there are two?

    ReplyDelete