Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Dirty Dozen, Squirrel

I am very pleased to say that my Dirty Dozen number 4 slot is all appliqued.  Here is Block 6: Hospitality Table from the Bountiful Life Quilt (also known as the Civil War Bride).  The fringe still needs to be stitch on the bottom of the tablecloth and that will be done today while watching football.  Block completion.


Block 5: Pair of Golden Eagles has been started.  This block has many leaves, several vines and the two eagles.  Here is where two evenings of stitching has me.  Stitching will continue.

Jo at Jo's Country Junction had a stitch-a-long that began on 20 September. These are Redwork Pears by Annie Beez Folk Art.  They were stitched on a 36-count linen and with Classic Colorworks silk thread.  Once I started, I couldn't put them down.  Now they are a stitched squirrel.  Shall have to work on getting them sewn together.



The cooler weather has moved in, and it continues to rain.  My hummer feeders are put away for the fall/winter.  I won't put up the seed feeders until the middle of December.  

Linking up to Kathy's Quilts and Slow Stitching Sunday.  Enjoy your day with threads.

 

8 comments:

  1. Your applique block is beautiful! The counted cross stitched projects look so nice, I look forward to viewing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that applique block. You stitched those pears up quite quickly. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. The pears are about 3.5 X 4.5 inches on a 36-count linen and were a quick stitch.

      Delete
  3. Oh you tempt me with that gorgeous redwork... especially the birds!
    Those designs look challenging... well done!
    Enjoy your Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re doing well with your list. And the red stitching is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete