Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2024

2024

Good morning.  We were in Maine for Christmas with two of our girls and their families.  We met our first grandchild, and she is wonderful.  (Aren't they all.)  We are all so blessed.

The edge of the Nor'easter has given us only one inch of snow.  It is snowing more now than it did all night.  They promised us 6-12 inches but, so far, not there. This will be our second measurable snowfall of this winter.  As I may have said before, the snow is the water for our well.  I love the stuff.

Hand quilting has begun again.  Don't know why I leave it for longish periods of time, but I do.  So close to the end, and I had a summer, fall pause.    

156 hours of quilting time has been done to this point.  A written record is kept on when and how much time.  (I also write notes of something I heard on a podcast.  That is an Author's name and book written on the lower left.)

My sewing machine hasn't been running since we came back from the holiday in Maine.  But I am hand stitching.  Here is a new small, Give Thanks Always by Tina Richards Herman at Shepard's Bush.  It is made to be a pincushion, but I really have enough.  Wanting to turn this into a small, framed stitch.  Thinking of doing it myself.  Shall have to watch floss tube and see how others complete their smalls.


This is also to be a pincushion, but I want to frame it.  Or turn it into some other type of small.  

The scissor fobs will become fobs.  I never knew how useful they were until I made my first.  Now I can find my scissors easier when I am stitching in my chair.  Doesn't mean one doesn't hide on me and I have to use a second pair.  But they are easier to find when I stand up.

May you all stay safe and warm wherever you are.  Enjoy your threads.  Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.







4 comments:

  1. The time adds up, but if you’re enjoying the quilting and doing a good job, that’s all that matters. I love scissor fobs too, makes the scissors so much easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first grandchild! How lovely for your family. Such lovely hand stitching. All are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first grandchild. Being a grandmother is wonderful. I recommend the Twisted Stitcher for finishing tutorials. She has many different ideas. I like to use her flatboard method or make pillows out of smalls. Enjoy all of your beautiful stitching. That quilt is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete