Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Appliqué

Block5: Pair of Golden Eagles from A Bountiful Life is almost done.  All that is left is to embroider the eye of each eagle.  It was fussy at the end but not as bad as I was dreading.  Should have finished this long ago.  Now to mark the next one which will be Block 7: Birds with Snacks.


But, before that is getting marked, I am stitching the "spokes" on my Snowflake Runner from Piecing the Past Quilts.  I started this by forming the "spokes" over a mylar template.  

Then they would be stitched onto the runner.  It did not go well.  They are so tiny, skinny.  They have been placed by needle turn appliqué. 


The "spokes" look much nicer to me.  They will be finished up today and then I will either begin leaf shapes or there are diamond shapes to make.  Those are large enough that I will try making the shapes over the mylar templates.


Enjoy your threads today.  Thank you for taking a look at what I am stitching.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

9 comments:

  1. Those spikes look tiny, you've done an excellent job. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The template for the spokes is 3 inches long, 1/8 inch at narrow end and 3/8 inch at the top. They are tiny

      Delete
  2. Your eagles and all those leaves look amazing! That's some tiny applique on your runner, too, but looks like it's turning out beautifully. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful applique! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness such tiny shapes to applique - that is next level hard! I love how the bird claws look like hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always admire those of you who can do needleturn applique, with such tiny pieces! Not my forte, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I can't imagine trying to get those spokes so beautifully stitched with the pointed ends. Your eagles applique is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete