Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Flimsy

The Snowflake Table Runner from Piecing the Past Quilts has turned into a flimsy.  Not perfect but I am pleased.  The last 18 large leaves and the 18 diamonds went quickly (after stitching 72 of the little leaves).  On the diamonds I was wondering about the pointy end.  It is a bit small, narrow, and I wondered if it would survive the washing machine when its time came for a bath.  So, I used fray check on the sides and tip end of the point.  I haven't used that in a long time and don't remember if I was pleased or not.  It was easy to stitch through.  Shall wait and see.


It needs a good "brushing" before I make it a sandwich.  Between the loose threads and the cats, sigh.  It will become a sandwich this week.

Hand quilting is being thought of around the snowflake parts.  Then machine quilted straight lines following the long side of the runner (but not quilting over snowflake parts).  Shall keep thinking.


There has been other stitching done.  Here is Chubby Bunny from Jeanette Douglas Designs.  Jo from Jo's Country Junction is having a stitch-a-long with this small and two others.

Here is the beginning of Chubby Fox by Jeanette Douglas Designs.  They are being stitched on 40 count linen.  Need my magnifying glasses for this work.  


Enjoy your threads this day and Happy Easter.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

6 comments:

  1. Your Snowflakes table runner is looking lovely. I look forward to seeing how you quilt this pretty. A Happy Easter to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowflakes are fabulous. Sounds sensible to do hand quilting around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! Love your snowflakes table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Your snowflake runner is beautiful. Such intricate applique. Even with a magnifier, I find 40 count quite difficult. That bunny is adorable. I am looking forward to seeing the completed fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake table runner is beautiful, such a lot of work in this. I love the chubby bunny too. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete