Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Row 7


So far I am keeping up with both doileys.  I began with the 7th row from Renulek's 2017 Doiley on Wednesday when it came out.  Began the #20 thread first, done by Thursday.  Then the #40 thread which was finished today, Sunday, 30 minutes ago. 

This is the #20 and it measures 10.5 inches across.

 
This is the #40 which measures 9 inches across.  I am liking tatting with the smaller thread.  It feels so dainty and lacey while I am working on it.  Someday I will try the #80, but, after these two doily's are done.

 
 Here are the two of them side by side.

 
Spring is coming to the Berkshires!  Snow on Friday, sleet on Saturday and today, 53 degrees and SUNSHINE!  Have a great day with your threads.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I usually use size 20 but am doing this doily in size 40 and enjoying it. I agree that it looks daintier. I must admit I've never even seen size 80 thread. My smallest is size 60.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Lizbeth #80 in two different colors. I tried it once and did not do very well. I am thinking of using it again after this Doiley is done to see how much better I am at tatting. I have not seen a #60.

      Delete
  2. Both doilies look wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am enjoying them. It looks like, from the pattern's picture, in two rows I will be slowed down. Onions rings may be coming back, sigh.

      Delete