Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Squirrel and Frog

On January 3, 2024, Jo at Jo's Country Junction announced that she is starting a Stitch Along.  It is Kind Words Never Die from Heartstring Samplery.  This is a small that I really like.  So, I have joined in.  The Stitch Along begins on 1 February but I started mine on Friday.  That is the Squirrel.

The Frog.

As I said, this is a small.  Stitch Count: 74 x 73.  On Friday evening the words and five flowers were stitched.  Yesterday afternoon I stitched two more flowers and found out I was off one stitch, and it wasn't going to match up.  I had to look over the entire pattern to find out where I was off.  See the circle to the left.  The flower was one stitch to high.


So, the Frog went into action.  Thank goodness for football.


It has been restarted properly and I will keep better track of my stitches (she says as her fingers are crossed).


This was a more productive week.  I made two mug mats using a postage stamp background with a snowflake applique.  I gave them to my Tuna Quilter friends and forgot to take a picture.  Still thinking of that quilt.

My socks have been finished and have survived a wash.
 

My Slow Stitching today will be finishing my small and then I have another stitch waiting to begin.  The sun is out, a bit windy, and we are starting our day at 3 degrees.  I know other parts of the USA have it worse.  Please all be warm, safe and enjoy your threads.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

4 comments:

  1. So annoying when you’re a stitch out. I always think I can fudge it, but no, best to ripit. Love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been stitching for one hour this morning. Have already had to rip another new part. I started in the wrong place. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a kind word or two always puts a smile in someone's day. Such a shame you had to undo some of your stitching. Love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, the "squirrel and the frog" visit me regularly! This looks like a fun stitch. I am still relatively new to CS and have had to learn to just accept when the Frog Prince needs to visit. I just purchased a WTNAT piece called "Just Fudge It" that features him. I hope to stitch it and put it on the back of a project bag, LOL.

    ReplyDelete