Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Squirrel, Mats

Kathy, my cousin, is one of the Tuna Quilters.  She read my post from last week and sent me a picture of her mug mat that I had made.  Two mats were made to try out the postage stamp background as postage stamp quilts are now fascinating me.  They still fascinate me and keep churning in my mind.


Another squirrel came to visit last week.  But it didn't stay long.  A package from Shabby Fabrics was delivered to our mailbox Wednesday night and I didn't know that it had arrived until the next morning.  This is from their Tea & Cookies for Two mat series.  If I see something and I like the material, I will order the kit.  I picked up the mail at 10am and the mats were almost finished by 3pm.

Friday, we had a visit to Boston, so no stitching of any type was done.  Yesterday I finished the binding and then buttonhole stitched around the inside border.  Some in the ditch stitching needs to be done.  These are tea and cookie mats as they are 9.5 X 15.5 inches.  The placemats I use are 12 X 17 inches.  I do like a larger place mat.

Two football games today.  I need to figure out what I will be doing for slow stitching.  Enjoy your threads today.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment